Google
Home My links La French Boutique Previous posts Archives Video fun Add to favorites

21.2.06

Voip out FREE !

I started using voip softwares a long time ago now. First on Msn via messenger, then on Skype and I have tested, since, a few others. Here are my latest thoughts:

1- Sell any telecom shares you may still hold especially France Telecom and Telefonica who rely (still) too much on their hard line customers. Mobiles phone rates are still a real scandal all over europe, but that should not last too long...
2- Voice over I.P works great. For the time being Skype is (still) for Le Blog Test the winner as far as reliability is concerned. Pc to Pc calls work great and skype out calls are now very good. Pricing, for these calls are ok. Video reduces dramatically the quality of the calls.
3-New comers are working hard to get their share of the market, and skype needs to be worried.
4-I have tested VOIP buster. Reliability for Pc to Pc calls is good but no so great for land line calls. Yet, some destinations are totally free for these calls. Buying credits is sometimes impossible. They are still running on a beta version. No video.
5-I am testing internetcalls.com. So far so good...45 destinations for land line calls are totally free (1 min only if you have no credit). It seems by far the best deal as far as pricing is concerned, but needs to be further tested which I encourage you to do by downloading their Beta version available here. No video. It looks so much like voip buster that I suspect they are, in fact, one company.
6-I am also testing Windows live messenger (Messenger 8.0 Beta). Is there anything really new ? Hum...Very popular with kids. Connections for video and voice calls pc to pc are still not always successfull. BOF...

Now, YOU tell me what you think !

A plous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home